The title of this article should really be mashed cauliflower but how good would that sound?
I’ve recently tired this recipe that was suggested by one of my patients and found it an excellent side dish that has almost no carbohyrates what-so-ever. I won’t go as far as saying it tastes just like mashed potatoes but its prettty close, has its own unique, slightly sweet taste and tastes great as a side with lean pork loin or baked salmon.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- Salt and Pepper
- Herb Seasonings (I used a little Dill, use what ever you prefer).
- Trim the Cauliflower into medium size chunks, and steam in a colander till tender.
- Place cooked cauliflower in food processor and turn on. (Mine has only 1 setting called blend so I don’t think it matter too much what you set yours on. ) Blend until fairly creamy.
- While blending, add about 2-3 tablespoons of butter, about a 1/2 cup of cream, your seasonings and salt and pepper.
- You should only need to blend for about 3-5 minutes to get the Cauliflower fairly smooth.
- Instead of using Herb seasoning, make a gravy from the Pork Loin drippings and pour some over the blended Cauliflower.
To some of you, this may sound pretty bland but it is surprisingly light, has its own pleasant taste (especially if you get creative with the seasonings). Its a definite ‘keeper’ at my house.