For many of us, Macaroni and Cheese is a classic comfort food but unfortunately packed with carbohydrates. This is a great side dish that is tasty and low-carbohydrate to boot! This is another recipe from low-carbohydrate cookbook called “Eating Stella Style” by George Stella.
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1½ teaspoons of spicy (Dijon) mustard
- 1½ cups of shredded, sharp cheddar cheese, plus an additional ½ cup for topping the casserole.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets and steam until crisp-tender.
- Dry the florets with some paper towels and transfer into a 8×8 baking dish that has been coated with olive oil.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until creamy.
- Now blend 1½ cups of the cheddar cheese into the cream/cream cheese mixture along with some salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Remove from heat and pour over the cauliflower in the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake until brown and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes and serve.
You now have something that hits everyone’s comfort food button without all the unhealthy pasta carbs that go with traditional Mac and Cheese.
We like that recipe too–and our family of 4 used it along with many many more to lose over 560 lbs together! 10 years and counting and thousands of recipes later we are still: “Low Carb and Lovin” It” ! 😉 (my show name that I hosted on Food Network) I leave you with another great recipe for the Holidays—and of course all my books are avail everywhere! See ya and Happy Healthy Good Carb Eatin’! Your Friend, George Stella Cranberry Relish Recipe courtesy George Stella, George Stella’s Livin’ Low Carb: Family Recipes Stella-Style, Simon and Schuster Cranberries are a… Read more »